The training and development manager sets the training strategy in the organization and has a significant impact on the development of employees´ skills and competencies. The training manager manages the costs of the development of employees and sets the priorities, which brings the highest return on investment.
The training and development manager has the full responsibility in the area of the identification of the training needs and gaps in skills and competencies. The manager leads the team of training specialists and administrators as all planned and unplanned activities are finished in time and in defined quality.
Job Description of Training and Development Manager
The training manager organizes the system of training and education in the organization. The training manager plans, distributes and manages tasks assigned to specialists and administrators. The manager is fully responsible for the training budget and reports the utilization and results.
The training manager develops the training strategy and plans goals for each year as the organization builds the competitive advantage in right steps and order.
- Manages, leads and develops the team of training specialists and training administrators
- Designs and implements the training strategy
- Sets and tracks the training KPIs
- Positively influences the top management as they set the development of employees as the key priority of the organization
- Sets the training budget, allocates stretches and reports spending
- Identifies gaps in skills and competencies, identifies main training needs and prepares the training plan for the entire organization
- Approves the main principles for the training offer in the organization and makes regular updates of the offer for employees and managers
- Negotiates and approves the basic framework for the company wide training programs
- Builds strong internal networks as the internal trainers are identified and developed
- Builds strong external networks as the training best practice is implemented in the organization
- Participates in the HR Marketing team and builds the feeling of “Employer of Choice”
- Builds the coaching and mentoring networks in the organization
- Leads the organization wide development projects
- Acts as the contributing team member in the change management projects
- Acts as the member of the HR Management team
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong Training Experience
- Strong Communication Skills
- Excellent Influencing Skills
- Excellent Negotiation Skills
- Management and Leadership Skills
- Coaching and Mentoring Skills
- Strong Budgeting Skills
- Excellent Time Planning Skills
- Analytical Skills
The Training and Development Manager usually continues as the senior HR Business Partner as the experience in the business relationship is strengthened. In some cases, the training manager can continue as the HR Director.
Other Training & Development Job Descriptions
- HR Training Administrator Job Description
- HR Training Specialist Job Description
- HR Training and Development Manager