The world around us is changing and the HR Roles and Responsibilities have to change as well. In the past, the HRM was responsible for developing the processes, which assure the top quality delivered to the organization.
The demand from the organization changes. The organization does not expect the HRM Function to react to its requests, it expects HRM Function to proactively propose new solutions, new procedures and new policies to keep the competitive advantage on the market.
The HR Roles and Responsibilities needs to react to this basic request by the organization to keep the level of the satisfaction. Unfortunately, when you browse the Internet to find information about the HR Roles and Responsibilities, you usually find the tables describing the split of roles and responsibilities between HRM function and the internal clients.
Nowadays, the HRM has to deliver even more. The HR Roles and Responsibilities have to take the high level recognition of the organization and they need to be adjusted to make a full fit.
The HR Roles have to be adjusted to:
- keep HRM Function focused on tracking and implementing new trends in the industry
- keep HRM Function focused on helping the line management to implement improvements
- keep HRM Function focused on operational excellence
- keep HRM Function responsible for developing the Human Capital potential in the organization
The HR Responsibilities have to be adjusted to:
- demonstrate the Line Management the will to keep the responsibility for the Human Capital costs
- keep the competitive advantage on the market (and not just the job market)
- demonstrate the will to drive the main HR Processes to keep the organization in the excellent health
- keep HRM Function supporting the Business Strategy to reach the business initiatives
- keep HRM responsible for the tasks resulting from the Business Strategy
The new definition of the HR Roles and Responsibilities is important for the success of Human Resources in the modern organization, but many HRM Function fail to implement good ideas. For the support, you can download the following presentation on HR Roles and Responsibilities.